Thursday 2 April 2009

The Calm before the Storm

Life has got in the way of my creative endeavors the last couple of days which left me feeling a bit frustrated and grumpy, and this is my last day at home alone for two weeks as the kids break up for Easter tomorrow and I'm at college (yeah!)


So today, I had a little talk with myself and got myself organised.

I managed to make my bread dough and hang the washing out before I made my way to the Market under my own steam. I set off on my bike passing the car with a little smug smile to myself. I can walk the walk AND talk the talk!!


My route into our local town is along the towpath of the Kennet and Avon Canal, a beautiful ride, accompanied by the melodic voice of http://www.katewalsh.co.uk/ on the trusty Ipod, while I reminised about my time as a Narrowboat Dweller and fantasising about maybe returning to a life on the Canal (when the kids have left home maybe, I'll fill my boat with fluff and turn into a mad old spinning lady....with lots of cats....maybe?) Anyway I digress......


With a bit of effort (I have to get back up a very punishing hill) I now feel good at having some exercise, shopping in local shops not supermarkets and buying fresh fish for dinner.



The lesson for today's post then is, sometimes the effort involved in doing something you know you should is a lot less than the effort that goes into feeling bad about not doing it. (I've spent the last two days making lists and then feeling annoyed at not ticking any items off it!)

Well done me! My prize is banishing everyone from the sitting room and watching ER with my knitting! Its taken about 5 years to train everyone to leave me be but definately worth the effort.






Progress on Noah's Juju trousers is steady and I've nearly filled two bobbins with the wonderful bamboo/tencel/alpaca/wool mix. I've been looking into Bamboo. Its fantastically soft and a great sustainable plant but the processing of it uses lots of chemicals (you can't win!). Here's a link anyway.






Ta-ra x
















No comments: