Monday 6 April 2009

A Change of Direction

Due to a change in circumstances (i.e. school holidays) I've embarked on a new creative project.
Its interesting, diverse and very challenging. I like to call it,

'Keeping Children Away from Screens'

This is a before shot!

I'm finding it really quite difficult as there seems to be constant requests to watch tele or go on the computor (that's inbetween requests for food!).



To add to the challenge (and oh I do like a challenge) the girls have an unspoken agreement to always be in a ratio of 1:2 moodiness.




The weekend wasn't too bad, the weather was pretty good over the weekend so I managed to banish them to the garden and on Sunday we went to my friends farm for a modern day Barn Raising in the shape of erecting a Poly Tunnel. It was a dry run as more prep was needed and a few more bodies, but the kids did some good Free Ranging over the fields and for a brief while were out of sight AND earshot!!


So as usually happens when its school holidays the sun has retreated (probably too many kids about!) and the stakes are raised. Today might need to involve paint, mess, baking, bit more mess and maybe a bit of un-tidying. I shall smile serenely and let it all wash over me....only 14 more days to go!!!







On the woolly front, I have plyed my Choco Rasp Wool and its looking and feeling wonderful.

I've also found this amazing book which I shall leaf through when I feel my nerves start to unravel!!






And if all else fails I can go to Mum's.........................................

1 comment:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

I am in the same boat starting on Thursday! Those evil TV screens...if you listen carefully, you can actually hear the children's IQ's rolling backwards.