Tuesday 26 September 2017

Heal Yourself with Wool










So, with my Heal Yourself with Wool event just days away I thought I would write a little bit more about what the event is all about. 

So here are some FAQ's...





Do I need to know how to knit/crochet etc?

No! The crafts we are trying are easily accessible regardless of whether you have ever done any sort of knitting, crochet etc. I provide all the materials and equipment we will need.  I intend it to be a fun morning exploring the possibilities of how fabulous and great playing with wool is :-)

What will we be doing?
We will be fluffing, stroking, teasing locks of wool. Combining colour and texture. Manipulating and exploring the possibilities of the fibres, felted or spun.



How do you Heal Yourself with Wool? 
Regardless of what creative activity you do its making a point of stopping, taking a bit of timeout and have a little think and reflect.   When my children were growing up having a sit down and a knit was life saving (ok bit dramatic but it's a great eay to sit through CBeebies). 

Working with wool is such a soothing activity in itself. The grown up's equivalent of that special blankie or sheety.  Wool has got me through Counselling and Teacher training, not to mention one or two other of life challenges....and the by product is some lovely unique garments!

I will also like to spend some time talking about how Mindful Crafting is an actual thing, and pretty good for you too.

If there is anything else anyone would like to know please drop me a line here or on Facebook or email on woollycraftwonders@gmail.com .

Event details here here.

I really must go now and do some soothing stuff with fluff as I've done a mountain of washing up...it's my reward.

TTFN x :-)




No comments: