Saturday 25 November 2017

Ups & Downs

It's been an upy downy sort of time lately. Lots of excitement and enthusiasm for my craft workshop due to happen today,  followed by despondency and disappointment as I started to realise I didn't have enough people for it to be viable and so reluctantly cancelled it :-(

 But I am nothing if not resilient. After a moment of feeling sorry for myself I dusted myself off, sought feedback from family, friends and anyone else who was willing to listen, and decided to take my concept back to drawing board.  I WILL bring wool into peoples lives and their lives WILL be enriched :-) I'm just not sure exactly how at the moment...so watch this space..

In the meantime I have Christmas Floating Market to prepare for and another workshop planned in collaboration with Kara of Herd Thyme.


All the recent planning I've been doing for workshops has had me thinking about my own crafting journey. When I am at my parents I sleep under this quilt.


I pieced and stitched this together as I was going through my Counselling training. It's lovely to have this reminder of such a rich and important stage of my life and I am very grateful.  To me it is a reminder of how I've got to this point, what has inspired and motivated me and how I'm still creating 10 years on. 

It also reminds me to have patience with the knowledge that it takes a lot of little individual stitches to make something special x

No comments: