Saturday 18 November 2017

Attempting Mindfullness and a Request...

So things are hotting up and I'm starting to get quite busy with workshops and making for the Christmas Floating Market. 

This is the perfect opportunity for me to practice my 'Not Getting Stressed' pledge to myself. It's very easy during busy times, especially if there's lots of planning involved, to mentally 'rush ahead' and start ticking off days. To combat this every time I notice I'm starting to worry about 'Not Having Enough Time' or thinking about 'How Many Days Left Until' I stop and take note of my surroundings. With a deep breath I try to notice the beauty in the changing seasons or calm myself with spinning or other craft. 

This is my attempt at Mindfullness. Worrying and stressing doesn't give you more time (in fact it does the opposite) and it doesn't help in any way at all so I've decided to just not do it any more and instead Trust...there will be enough time and it will all be ok.

So, with that in mind today I am noticing the warmth of the burner and the sound of rain on the roof while I immerse myself in carding and spinning the softest alpaca, with extra sparkles for good cheer.  (Oh...and paying a teenager an extortionate rate to do the washing up gained me a couple of extra wool making hours)

I was meant to be posting some sneaky peaks of things that are made and ready for the market but the weather is just too gloomy for photography.  Instead I'd like to mention another project I'm working on which is a training course for professionals on the importance of crafting in people's lives, how it aid's wellbeing and contributes to recovery.  I'd really like to include people's own experiences of this so if any one would like to share their story with me I'd be ever so grateful.  You can email me on woollycraftwonders@gmail.com and all information will be confidential. 

So for now....don't worry, be happy....Happy Crafting x

Moon rise...a moment to be immersed in :-)


No comments: