Sunday 10 September 2017

What I'm Doing Now (with wool)

So what is happening in the woolly world of Woollycrafting (I hear you cry)...
Well today, being a lazy Sunday, I thought I'd do a quick Work in Progress update.
I started the day with a bit of wool stash sorting...by making lots of mini squares...because you never know when you might need a small mountain of mini granny squares!

Someone is gonna need to do a lot of weaving in ends
....wonder if I can employ a child?!

This was just to keep me busy as progress on my latest poncho has ground to a halt. ..I need some more of the grey alpaca to join the squares. It's spun but needs to be washed and dried first. 





I have a sad tale to tell about the alpaca...in a fit of over enthusiastic clearing I have binned the bag of fleece....

*sharp intake of breath*

Yesterday was a a sad sad day.  

I have enough to finish the poncho but it's still a horrible thought of those lovely soft fibres languishing in a bin. 

I cycled down to have a poke around with a stick but to no avail. 

The bins were too full and smelly...

can we just have a little moment to mourn the loss... 😢



I've sort of given up with this for the moment. I just don't know what it's meant to be...and I'm not really liking the colours..

 

..so that's going to make it's way to the bottom of a pile somewhere and forgotten about for a while.

Other exciting (and when I say exciting I really mean nerve wracking) developments are..

the first (of many I hope) Woollycraft Workshop has been booked for Saturday 30th September in the Westwood Parish Rooms. Drop me a line by any number of ways to book a place (email, text, Instragram, carrier pigeon etc etc).  Whilst I'm really looking forward to getting together with people to preach on the wonderful therapeutic and healing properties of wool I do find the self promotion a bit daunting (all helpful feedback and handy tips gratefully received).

So...that's a quick download of what's happening with wool aboard NB Mercy...

And all the while I'm noticing the gradual changes in light and colour all around me...and thoughts of hibernation are starting to form...

XxX


No comments: