Tuesday 14 April 2009

Temporarily Redundant Mother.....

We are half way through the Easter break and it has (so far) been pretty relaxed. I think I earned some 'Good Mum' points for doing horsey things and allowing a sleepover and then the Big Girls went off to their Dad's leaving just three of us. The youngest kindly becomes twice as loud and twice as demanding to fill the void (ah bless)!

Luckily I bought in A Cousin for company and they played 'Piling Cushions' while I did a bit of sneeky spinning.


















The Easter Bank holiday co-incided with The In-Laws 50th Wedding Anniversary, where I'm (a little) ashamed to say ate far too many Easter Eggs (I do it for the Kids of course, save their little teeth!) and drank more than I know is good for me :-( But we all had jolly good fun and the Weather Fairy came up trumps.

So, circumstances have given me a day off! (Yes another one, I feel like I'm cheating!!)

The Youngest and Dad have embarked on a big family outing to Weymouth on The Train. I couldn't go as I have a hair appointment booked *imagine hurt and disappointed voice here* Yes I know, its a shame, but it'll be a nice bonding time for Father and Daughter.

To balance out all this child free time I've gained I dedicated some of the morning to tidying The Girls rooms for their return (instead of spinning) because I am off to the hairdressers in a bit (her remit is something Striking!)



The other creative projects are plodding along. A couple more skeins of the Choco Rasp (can't wait to get knitting it), Noahs Trousers are quite literally on the last leg and a little attention was paid to the scrap blanket.





With most of the last few days involving family gatherings I've been spending more time eating than I have been knitting!
I'm off to do a bit more tidying just to show them all I love them and have been thinking of them.

Ta Ta x




















No comments: