Thursday 16 April 2009

All Change...

The children have all returned and I have a house full of noisy girls again......just how it should be!!


And not surprisingly I felt pretty knackered by the time bedtime rolled round, so it was an evening on the sofa with knitting and tele for company (the man was listening to the football upstairs). Sadly, I think I'm getting sucked into The Apprentice after I told myself I wouldn't!

I have finished Noah's trousers and they have been sent off with Nana to be delivered, as usual in my haste to get them to the recipient I didn't take any photo's of them finished but I'm hoping my lovely sis will send me a photo of Noah wearing them so that I can add them as the first Finished Object for the blog.




The scrap blanket, I have decided, is now to become a Scrap Cushion (possibly for my brother as he recently requested one). It wasn't really inspiring me, the squares I did in stocking stitch didn't lay right and I much prefered the squares I knitted in garter stitch (they hold their shape so much better). Being a bit of a perfectionist I'm going to start a new Mitred Square Blanket doing all the patches in garter st. I might even try and convince a child or two to knit some patches.



Its funny that I end up doing more creative things when the girls are around than when I am alone. I think its because I know there's not much point doing any housework as they will only make the house untidy again. Generally they get on pretty well and will often immerse themselves in a very involved game, so I tend to stay out of the way, providing food and water as required, leaving me to 'do my thing!'




On the spinning front, I have 5 skeins of the choco rasp drying which means an awful lot of time is spent going through patterns contemplating what it wants to be. I'm thinking wrap/stole vs garment.






A garment would be more interesting but then I always get anxious about not having enough wool to finish something so frog it then hate it! I do quite fancy a lovely woolly blankie type thing as well,


oh well, time will tell.





Now I have to decide whether its worth putting the washing out!




No comments: