Monday 30 March 2009

And our winner was.........

Yes the sun was out and that can only mean one thing..............diggin'.


Here's a pic of our freshly dug earth ready for a few rows of potatoes. The allotment is one of those things that I nearly always think "Do I Have To?" (in a slightly whiney voice I learnt from the children!), but actually when I get there its quite nice. Its a lovely spot with beautiful views ( and I was bribed with an ice-cream!)


On our humble little plot we also have some garlic, and some nice purple sprouting which I picked for our dinner.


On the creative front I did start on the Chocolate Raspberry wool as I decided that with kids around for the weekend there really was no point doing any housework.






I started this on Saturday on the Kitchen table, unfortunately the fluff I'm using is incredibly fine so everything we've eaten since has had a fine layer of silk or bamboo!!


This is about half of it carded. I couldn't wait any longer and spun a bit of it to see what it was like and it is beautifully soft. The bamboo is really lovely stuff. I'll definately be buying more of that in the future.


So now I really must get on. The sun is shining and I need to get the washing out.
Cheerio x
n.b This is a lot easier and quicker with no children around!

No comments: