Sunday 22 March 2009

Mothering Sunday...

It can all get a bit stressful sometimes can't it really......all that having to care for the carer!
I was rudely awoken at 6.15 by a little person that found it very difficult to sleep with a box of chocolates hidden under her bed. I managed to feign sleep for about another hour or so until the children could wait no longer to show their love and devotion in the shape of a cup of tea and homemade gifts (always the best!).




After breakfast my dutiful daughters indulged me with a bit of crafting on the lawn ( I think they almost enjoyed it, bless them). They did a bit of pompom making and wet felting.
I'm in a bit of a no-mans land with regards to knitting projects. I don't have any definate projects in the pipeline so decided to start making some of these http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mitred-squares with my left over bits of handspun (I hate waste!).



This is just something to tide me over until I can decide what to knit next. I've almost finished the Jungle wool and I want to finish it properly (i.e. set the twist and wash it etc) before I knit something with it. I'm thinking of a little jacket for my nephew maybe.
I'm quite taken with these mitred squares though, they are so quick and easy to knit. I hope I manage to do a few before I get bored and move onto something else.

So its been a really nice weekend. I visited my lovely sister and her family

and did a bit of baby jiggling. Its so lovely to be reminded of those early stages, it makes me very thankful that my girls are becoming a bit more independant and I'm recovering bits of my life I'd forgotten about. (Not so independant that they don't need a cuddle at 6.15 in the morning though!!)













No comments: