Thursday 26 March 2009

The Yarn Hath Spoken

When I first got into spinning about a year ago I told myself I would keep it simple, we were in no position to go off spending loads of money on a new hobby (especially with my track record of short attention span!). So I dutifully started with an old CD and a pencil and a host of tutorials on Youtube (what a fantastic resource). I soon realised that I would need something a bit better than a CD and pencil so I bought myself a proper drop spindle, but that was it I told myself. I could beg, borrow and steel fleece.




So where do I find myself a year on? Well, I now have



2 spinning wheels

at least 6 drop spindles

half a dozen pairs of hand carders

a niddy noddy

skein holder

ball winder

and a drum carder.




Now how did that happen !!? and I haven't even thought about the cupboards, drawers, garages etc that have varying types of fluff stashed away .


Here's some of it in action......








Anyway the Jungle yarn has spoken and told me what it wants to be......
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTjuju.html ...... for my little nephew Noah.

I'll cast it on at some point today, so it looks like the Mitred Square blanket will take a back seat for a while.


I have all I need for the next spinning project....





corredale, silk, alpaca, bamboo and tencel ...


I'm really looking forward to this, the whole process from start to finish is very satisfying. I'm going to savour the anticipation for a little bit longer. It might be a weekend job.



So its time to get on with some baking. In an attempt to get more vegetables into the children I've been making them into cakes. It doesn't work though, they are so yummy me and The Man can't bear to share them!!!!



TTFN x








No comments: