Tuesday 15 August 2017

Home Sweet Home

At last...the weather is agreeable enough to do some Ostentatious Carding on the towpath. We are back home in ALL senses having returned Mercy to our mooring in the beautiful Limpley Stoke Valley.

I've got a lovely big bag of raw alpaca fluff which I'm whizzing through the carder. I'm desperate to get the wheel out and see how it spins but will hold out a bit longer.  It's not a particularly creative job but it's repetitive and soothing so I'm practicing doing it mindfully.

Wool work outside is always a win-win situation...

Firstly (and possibly most importantly ) people don't get fluff in their tea or dinner...always helpful when trying to maintain good relations in a tight space...and secondly it's a good way to chat to people interested in what I'm doing...and I am quite (pleasantly) surprised at how many people ARE interested! It's an opportunity to present a friendly face from the boating community that can, at times, be judged quite harshly. 

I used to be a bit embarrassed by the attention towpath woolwork used to bring but after thinking it through I've decided to embrace it. Why not stop for a few moments to talk about both aspects of my life that I love and sustains me?

I'm doing lazy phone blogging as our internet connection isn't great...more interesting pics to follow...

💖

TTFN x

No comments: