Wednesday 9 August 2017

Summer Holiday Boredom

Today I am meant to be preparing for a few days away from the boat...our home...as she goes into dry dock for routine maintenance.

With excellent foresight I've packed my spinning wheel and laptop (I'm blogging from my mobile phone...how convenient is that!!!)

My only other distractions therefore are washing up (done), tidying (meh), packing  (an ongoing process) or....

CROCHET 😁

I picked up crochet (and became immediately hooked 😉) last summer. I kind of felt I wanted to learn something new....and after a few lost hours trawling the internet for pictures and tutorials I fell in love with the Sunburst Blanket and just had to make my own...

I am currently working on two crochet 'things' at the moment. Whilst they might not be as portable as knitting I really love how they evolve....bits fit together  (or don't!). It's quite a departure for me who as a knitter was used to following patterns and knowing how things should end up....

I have a vague idea what these projects may become and that's both exciting and challenging in equal measure.

I'm sorry I can't format the pics...I'm not sure how on my little phone...so here they are in one big splurge!

TTFN xx

No comments: