Wednesday 2 August 2017

Time for a catch up.

So....back story ....


It's been fun looking back through the posts and remembering the projects good and bad (the Tussah silk dress has only ever been worn once and spends most of it's life buried in a drawer and the mitred square blanket got eaten by moths!!). 

 I have been trying to recall why I stopped blogging because it was way before I started working more or less full time....I suspect that I just got fed up with reporting on failed job interviews and got ground down by it all.  I ended up taking a job at my local primary school as a TA which for the most part I enjoyed.

But by far the two most scariest things I've done in the last few years have been moving back to the canal in 2014 ...

Finding NB Mercy


and leaving a job that was no longer fulfilling...


The former was a fairly long drawn out process of looking for the right boat and sleepless nights worrying about the madness of it all....the later was a decision made over just one sleepless night and executed fairly swiftly!  

The processing of both decisions though were ably assisted by lots of crafting. I find replacing worrying thoughts of 'how will 3 people exist in a space 72x7ft', 'what if a tree falls on us' and 'how will we survive without my regular wage' with 'should I edge in white or black' and 'where can I find the right type of autumnal wool' far more favourable!!  Because as the end of the day the only thing you can do during times of uncertainty is to sit it out and wait for it all to settle down...and if your're having a sit down you might as well do some knitting!!

And so I suppose today's pearl of wisdom is that the process of getting older is really just a case of wracking up more and more experiences I know I can survive and get through ☺

I have a busy day today. The youngest returns from a week of sophistication in London so I will need to rebuild her nest to cushion the blow and I'm off to have my hair cut at the The Floating Salon who we are very conveniently moored near. 

What I MUSTN'T do is get distracted by this...


I have few projects on the go at the moment but updates on those will have to wait...I really need to crack on with the washing up (seeing as we no longer have the luxury of a dishwasher). At least I have a nice view :-)



TTFN x

No comments: