Tuesday 18 January 2011

Onwards and Upwards

As a general rule I try to resist the urge to cheer myself up by buying stuff*.  This is partly down to practicalities (we just don't have much money) and partly down to an unwillingness to accept that the worlds economic problems can be cured if we just spend, spend, spend.

But, I must admit, I have strayed from my path of righteousness and got myself a NEW PHONE.  My last one was over 2 yrs old (which in phone years makes it ancient) and I also wanted something that took good photos.  And yes I admit it,  I was totally seduced by the touch screen. Once it was in my sweaty little palm I wasn't going to leave the shop without it!  And of course, what's the first thing any like-minded person would do on purchasing a new phone......


Yep, knit it a little bag!!

The Annis Shawl is now at a more manageable stage as I'm onto good ol' stocking stitch...


I really struggled with the lace pattern at the beginning of this, it was relatively simple but I often thought I was decreasing in the wrong direction and that it would end up looking a mess.  Time will tell, I'll see how it blocks.

And finally, here is a bit more of the silk...


All these pics were taken with my new phone and I have to say, I do love it.

I shan't mention the assignment resubmission.  I haven't had a chance to meet with my tutor so for now its (hovering) on the back burner.  I have had a good attempt at getting my files in order though.  Today is my last full day to myself before my last placement beginnings.  As from Monday I shall be a Reception class full time for 7 weeks (just writing that makes me feel like I need a lie down!).  It remains to be seen whether I get any crafting in let alone the chance to blog about it.

So for now I shall just enjoy the peace and freedom and maybe get out into the sunshine.

TTFN X



* The obviously doesn't include wool, fibres, needles, spinning accessories etc which are just the necessities of life!

No comments: