Tuesday 19 May 2009

Sniffle, whimper, moan.......

I have noticed a worrying trend of late of not being able to cope very well with illness. Gone are the days when I could stride through a cold, ignoring the aches and pains, with cry's of

"I don't have time to be ill!"

Now I am resorting to shuffling about making odd little squeaks of discomfort and unhappiness, bemoaning the fact that no-one cares about me.

I have been pondering this situation and I have come to the conclusion it must be down to a general dislike of housework. My main ocupation at the moment is to feed and water the family and stop us all from drowning in a see of tat, wool and paper, therefore I'm finding its quite difficult to ignore those minor discomforts (I fear I'm sufering from a serious case of man-cold (sorry men!))
Instead I tell myself I need to take it easy, sit on the sofa, take care of myself.......oh and while I'm sat there I might as well do things like this........



and this......







And I have finished the main part of the Hey Teach top. All I have to do now (without too much procrastinating) is sew it all together. My incentive to get it off the needles was so that I could start on the Thankyou Socks. They are coming out a bit big but I could felt them slightly in the wash.
The wool is divine, so lovely in fact that even though I'm only half way through the sack, I'm already getting anxious abut running out!

Right, I'm off to drink hot lemon drinks, sniff and dribble into tissues, and take it easy while I can. I hope I can get a bit more resilient when I'm doing my teacher training :-(

No comments: