Thursday 25 June 2009

Bunting and a Soltice Surprise.....

So it would appear that my blogging activites have somewhat ground to a halt over the last couple of weeks.

That may be down to my Art therapy course coming to an end so there is less of an impetus to record my creative exploits and partly down to the last couple of weeks being quite difficult. I don't mind sharing the workings of my mind when its churning out happy thoughts, less so when I'm feeling bogged down and a bit miserable (thank goodness I hear you sigh!)


Another reason is that I have been rather busy. Last weekend my sister and husband hosted a country day at their farm. I had a little stall and also did a practice run through for my Larmer Tree Workshop. My stall consisted of little knitted flowers and bags, some patchwork kits and some of the wool I have been spinning from the Icelandic/Shetland haul.





The day was a mixed bag. The workshop was very popular and worked really well and more importantly I have some idea of what to expect when I do it at the festival, but I have come to realise that I am no good at selling. Any potential shoppers would have had to fight their way through a crowd of children and tangled wool to view my wares!


Needless to say I hardly sold a thing and I did feel a little deflated. But on the up side I now have lots a lovely wool spun and ready to knit, and I'm thinking a nice snuggly wrap is in order.


(Queue hours of trawling through Knitty and Ravelry pattern suggestions).
Talking of Ravelry I meet a fellow Raveler the other night at our neighbours Soltice party. I was flabbergasted and nearly fell off my log in surprise. I don't know what was more surprising meeting someone who understands the need to trawl through patterns on the internet or the fact that HE was a nice young MAN!!!

My other 'Good Idea' that I'm working on is Bunting!! (well it is school fete season!)


I picked up a pack of patchwork peices from a recent museum trip. After much thought I decided it was pointless starting another big project so instead I bought some bias binding and I'm just sewing them in line a la Prayer Flag style. Even the girls have had a go (a family effort).

So todays top tip is to pop down your local material shop, get some fabric sample books and make some bunting.
We've got a new camera and it has taken me ALL DAY to figure out how to get two photo's off the camera and onto the comp, which means I have no time to blather on about other wonderful crafty ideas I've had lately.




So until next time, happy sewing x



p.s. I got Hey Teach out the other day and sewed a couple of seams .....
































































1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Love the bunting!!! Clever idea for the pieces!