Friday 19 February 2010

Got there at last!

I don't know about you but I generally have a number of ideas floating around my head for blog posts and for every post that makes it there are quite a few that don't.

February is a bit of a crazy month with a host of birthdays that need celebrating. I also have a massive amount of work to do for my PGCE. My usual trick of balancing books on the arm of the sofa thinking that just by being close to them I might absorb them just isn't working either. Turns out I have to actually read them (and yes I have tried reading and knitting but it is a bit tricky!!)

With all this going on my crafting activities have taken a bit of a hit :-(


I desperately want to do something with my crazy batt yarn but I'm very undecided on what to do so that's simmering on the back burner. I'm a little bored with socks and gloves so it was with some surprise that I have resurected this.......The Mitred Blanket

and it now looks like this.....


A few more squares added. I started this nearly a year ago, I expect I'll still be adding bits to it when I'm 80!!

I have also had the opportunity to deliver a series of wool related activities to the Alzheimers Support Group through the PAWS scheme

and we made this

This is a combination of handmade felt, woven squares and knitting, all peiced together to make a really colourful and textured wall hanging. It was really interesting working with a different age group and we had a great time talking about how important all these skills once were to everyday life.

This is just a snippet of what's going on in the World of Woollycraft, but now I really must do some study and NOT trawl through knitting patterns.

TTFN x



No comments: